What we do
- NGO-MoH forums
- Priorities and issues
- Role of the NGO sector
- Planning and funding
- Future health workforce planning
- Reducing administration and compliance costs
- Relationship building
- Innovation and collaboration
- Primary healthcare
- Public health initiatives
- Whānau ora
- Older peoples' health and housing
- Consultation and submissions
- Governance capability
- Vulnerable Children
- Representing sector views
Future health workforce planning
Future Health Workforce Planning
The NGO Council has been exploring options for a project in this area, and considering how the health and disability NGO sector can best contribute to current activity. If you have any suggestions, please e-mail email@example.com
- Health, Disability, Social Services and Whanau Ora Qualifications Review 2013 - Careerforce
- Aged Care Workforce Review (www.healthworkforce.govt.nz) published by Health Workforce NZ in 2011
- Health Workforce NZ service reviews on - eye health, palliative care, gastroenterology, anaesthesia, musculoskeletal, diabetes and youth health (www.healthworkforce.govt.nz).
Workforce development – 2006
This project aimed to establish the best way for the NGO Working Group to strategically progress NGO workforce planning, while keeping within the context of workforce development in the wider health and disability sector. The key objectives of this project were to:
- Outline the key workforce development issues for the NGO health and disability sector.
- Provide a brief overview of the health and disability sector workforce development environment.
- Assess the extent to which wider health and disability sector workforce development is addressing the issues facing the NGO sector.
- Provide recommendations for how the NGO Working Group can strategically progress the development of the NGO workforce.
The full report is provided in PDF format below: