Register to vote
Health and Disability NGOs that meet the following broad criteria will generally be eligible to join the NGO Health & Disability Network and register to vote:
- Activities consistent with the promotion of health or the delivery of health and disability services in the relevant sector
- Non-governmental and non-profit
- A clearly identified New Zealand organisation (which may include New Zealand branches of international NGOs).
- Receive Vote Health funding
(ie, funding from the Ministry of Health and/or district health board/s) in the relevant health and disability sub-sectors (see below).
NGOs may register at any time prior to commencement of the election process.
Once registered, you can nominate a representative and / or vote representatives onto the NGO Council when an election is being held.
An NGO can vote in up to TWO categories related to the services they provide. These are:
- Disability Support Services
- Maori Health
- Mental Health
- Pacific Health
- Personal Health
- Public Health
It is free to join the NGO Network and register.