The NGO Council, in conjunction with the Ministry of Health, organises the annual Health and Disability Sector NGO forums.
The forums are an opportunity for the Ministry and the NGO sector to come together, update on developments, discuss issues and learn from each other. Networking and building understanding are key aspects of the day.
2019 included a great deal of activity in the health sector, including:
- New Director-General of Health
- New MOH Executive Leadership Team
- Health System Review well underway
- Health Workforce Strategy and Action Plan under development
- Māori Health System Review being designed.