The election process for representatives on the Health and Disability NGO Council is currently underway.
Nominations are now open.
- Nominations open 11 March 2019 and close 24 March 2019.
- The Member Register closes for voting on 24 March 2019.
- Voting opens 1 April and closes 14 April 2019.
- Results will be announced 24 April 2019.
Members of the Health & Disability NGO Network are eligible to nominate and vote in the elections.
The work of the Council
Meetings are held in Wellington at the Ministry of Health.
The remaining 2019 meeting dates are:
- Friday 31 May 2019
- Friday 26 July 2019
- Friday 27 September 2019
- Friday 29 November 2019
The Annual Forum will be in Wellington on Tuesday 18 June 2019.
There are vacancies in each of the six sub-sectors of health. Some current representatives are re-standing; others have completed their second term of office and are now required to step down.
The vacancies are outlined below:
- Disability Support Services – Sonia Thursby, re-standing
- Maori Health – Donna Matahaere-Atariki, standing down
- Mental Health – Marion Blake, standing down
- Pacific Health – Pesio Ah-Honi, re-standing
- Personal Health – Catherine Marshall, standing down
- Public Health – Warren Lindberg, standing down