Legal and privacy
This privacy statement and disclaimer apply to ngo.health.govt.nz. This website is owned and maintained by the NGO Council.
Privacy and security
No need to disclose personal information
You may browse and access information contained within this website without providing personal information.
Information provided when you contact us
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (eg, through online forms or email requests), we will only use your personal information for the purposes for which you gave it to us.
This information will be held by the NGO Council and the Ministry of Health. Your information may be shared with, and held by, third-party contractors to the extent necessary for those contractors to provide website hosting and maintenance services. We will not disclose your personal information to other government agencies or other organisations without your consent, unless required by law.
We will hold your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. The Privacy Act 1993 regulates us through the Information Privacy Principles as to how we collect, use, hold, disclose, access, correct, manage and dispose of your personal information. For more information visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner website.
Viewing or changing your information
To view any personal information held by us, or if you have any concerns about personal information that we hold and wish to request its correction, please write to:
The Privacy Officer
Ministry of Health
PO Box 5013
Some information, however, is automatically retrieved about your visit, such as:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on the website and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the website
- the referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to this website
- your operating system (eg, Windows XP, Mac OSX)
- the type of web browser you use (eg, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser.
This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. No effort is made to identify individual visitors.
Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above is used to help improve the ngo.health.govt.nz website. The information will be viewable by website administrators and certain other Ministry staff. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
The information available on or through this website is intended to provide general information to the public, and is not intended to address specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information available on this website. If you find any information on this website that you believe may be inaccurate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those accessing this website are advised:
- The NGO Council are NGO representatives, elected by the not-for profit NGO sector. The information on this website is the work of the NGO Council and is published on this website by the Ministry of Health on behalf of the NGO Council, but does not necessarily represent the views of the Ministry of Health.
- The NGO Council and the Ministry of Health make no warranty, express or implied, nor assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness, completeness or use of any information that is available on or through this website.
- The information on this website may be changed, deleted, added to, or otherwise amended without notice.
- The NGO Council and the Ministry of Health are not responsible for the content of other websites linked to, or referenced from, this website. The NGO Council and the Ministry of Health neither endorse the information, content, presentation, or accuracy of such other websites, nor make any warranty, express or implied, regarding these other websites.
- Nothing contained on this website is, or shall be relied on as, a promise or representation by the NGO Council.
- The contents of this website should not be construed as legal or professional advice and visitors to this website should take specific advice from qualified professional people before undertaking any action following information received from this website.
- Any reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacture, or otherwise does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the NGO Council.
- Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of it.
All those accessing this website who ignore this disclaimer do so at their own risk.